Let Us Get to Know You



Come take our quick investment survey

Schedule a call with Ross

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Roofstock Property Purchase: After Contract Was Disolved

About a week after the contract fell through, Roofstock contacted me with more details on the property. It seemed that the seller originally thought that my counter was a final offer (which it was not). He notified Roofstock that he would be open to a compromise on price between the initial offer and the appraisal value. This would have worked for me, but I had already entered into a separate deal through a different source. 

This was another positive on Roofstock's end by following up and attempting to still make the deal work after the fact. Had this happened a few days earlier, I probably would have accepted a counter offer and closed.

I also learned that within Roofstock, they have separation between buyer and seller representatives so that there is a more clear separation between the two than I originally thought. This makes me much more comfortable about using them in the future, although I am currently looking into a separate deal that involves the classic BRRRR strategy. I'll post more on that in the future, but this concludes my case study on my Roofstock Property Purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this info! I've been researching Roofstock and your experiences really help relieve some anxiety. Found you on BiggerPockets, BTW. Cheers,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! Happy to help! Feel free to ask any questions you like. Also it’d be appreciated if you clicked the Follow button so that you get further updates as I continue to post! Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete